Support across the policy cycle
We provide analytical and practical support across the policy cycle, from researching the key drivers of the problem through to implementing the chosen policy, and monitoring and evaluating progress.
This holistic approach not only enables us to provide integrated, end-to-end solutions but also ensures that the solutions are practically and politically feasible – essential ingredients for sustainability. To our knowledge, OPM is the only international development consultancy to provide this level of service across the policy cycle.
Key stages of the policy cycle that we support include:
- Researching the drivers of social and economic disadvantage
- Analysing the feasibility of the policy options, taking into account the financial, political and organisational constraints
- Developing the chosen policy
- Managing the necessary organisational change
- Building capacity at an individual, institutional and organisational level
- Monitoring and evaluating progress