We navigate the urban policy space through technical assistance, capacity building and policy advice. We conduct research in the areas of infrastructure and services, urban climate resilience, governance and institutional support, and urban social protection.
What we do
The services we provide include:
- technical assistance and capacity building to the government on urban service delivery infrastructure development;
- support for sustainable urban policy design that has high impact;
- evidence and innovation to support improved governance processes, institutional mechanisms, and urban reforms;
- advice on climate- and disaster-resilient development in the urban context;
- project design and implementation, including analytical feasibility studies; and
- monitoring and evaluation for lesson learning and adaptive programming.
Our geographical reach
The Urban Policy and Planning team is based in India and works with various other teams (including those who work on WASH, climate change, monitoring and evaluation, and economic policy) across OPM’s 12 country offices, including our largest office, which is based in the United Kingdom.